AID Delhi Chapter News

Monday, August 20, 2007

15th August @ नई दिशा !!!!!

Independence DayDo we used to understand the meaning of independence when we were kids?
I think, it used to be a day of celebration, it used to be a day of cultural activities and it used to be a day of sweets (Ladoo specially) in school etc. and I think we never realized what independence means? But later on I realized, “the way I want to live my Life I can do” and that’s the meaning of independence atleast for me.




But after working with AID – Prayas , I got to know that I think every Indian is not independent yet . it is sounding an awkward statement but I strongly feel that .
If everyone is independent then why these small kids with innocence can not get education, even they want to study. I feel Education must be the most important aspect of their life? Before 1947 we were slave of British’s and after 60 years these kids are slave of the System. No difference atleast for these poor kids But there are a lot of rays of hope for these under privileged and I found Nayi Disha Free Education School; Sector 29 Noida is one of them .



We volunteers from AID-Prayas (Rajat, Anand, Arun, Raj, Anuradah, Neha ,Ruchi, Suruchi, Sudha, Kanan, Anuja, Monika & ME (Darshan) ) were there to celebrate the independence Day .





. There was tremendous energy among the kids. the way they were singing , the way they were dancing , the way they were giving their speech the way they have prepared the Play upon the National Heroes , it can be a inspirational success story for any society . As President of Nai Disha has told that it has completed 11 yrs of success , they have spread the primary education to the under-privileged children , and even they are managing to send kids for further education after class 5th to various school in Noida.

Kudos for everybody behind this success!!!!!!!



I feel it was the most wonderful Independence Day I have ever celebrated .we did lot of brainstorming after Nayi Disha celebration for PRAYAS future.


I hope and wish one day our PRAYAS would be doing like Nayi Disha.

जय हिन्द , जय हिन्द , जय हिन्द !!!!!!

दर्शन मेहरा

1 comment:

पंकज said...

शायद ये आजादी की सबसे बड़ी विडम्बना है, कि ये हिन्दुस्तान में आज तक सही मायनों में नहीं आ पायी. कहते है पं. नेहरू ने आजाद भारत के पहले सम्भाषण में जनता को सम्बोधित करते हुये कहा था.
"जिस वक़्त सारी दुनिया सो रही थी भारत में आजादी का सूर्योदय हो रहा होगा "

ना तो सारी दुनिया एक ही वक़्त में कभी सो पायी और ना ही भारत मे आजादी का सूर्य अपने चरम को छू पाया कभी.

हमारे दुर्भाग्य की इस अजीब सी बेड़ी को काटने का प्रयास करने की कोशिश करते हुये प्रयास और प्रयास जैसी अन्य संस्थाओं का अभियान निस्संदेह काबिलेतारीफ़ है.